True Victory is Victory Over Oneself (masakatsu agatsu)
- 3.8" W x 1.4" H,US$13.95
- 1.7" W x 6.3" H,US$16.95
- 1.1" W x 4.6" H,US$14.95
- 0.8" W x 4.7" H,US$14.95
Scroll to see all 17 designs
True Victory is Victory Over Oneself in Japanese is 正勝吾勝 which is read masakatsu agatsu.
The Japanese phrase masakatsu agatsu meaning "True Victory is Victory Over Oneself" was coined by Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido. The phrase is composed of the kanji 正 (read masa) meaning "correct; true", 勝 (read katsu) meaning "victory", 吾 (read a) meaning "self" and 勝 (read gatsu) meaning "victory".
Translations You Can Trust: We want you to be as happy with the Japanese translation as you are with Master Takase's beautiful art.
Click on any of the above links and you will be taken to an independent dictionary Jeffrey's Japanese English Dictionary where you can immediately verify the translation for yourself.
Japanese Calligraphy Designs
Order as Hand-Brushed Art, a Graphic Design, or as a Tattoo Design
Designs may be ordered as original art personally hand-brushed and signed by Master Japanese Calligrapher Eri Takase. Hand-brushed art options include unframed, framed, and Japanese hanging scrolls. This original art is created and mailed within three business days. The design may also be ordered as a Commercial Design (JPG) or a Tattoo Design (Adobe PDF) both of which may be immediately downloaded when your order is placed.
For Hand-Brushed Art: We are pleased to offer each design as an original hand-brushed work of art. This art is personally created by Master Takase when your order is placed. All the unframed and framed options are brushed on handmade Japanese paper that we import directly from the papermaker in Kochi, Japan. And, when the design allows, we also offer the art as a beautiful Japanese Scroll. See the individual design for all the available options.
The hand-brushed art is created at the time of your order. These are not mass produced, but rather individual works of art. All art is completed and mailed within 1-3 business days including our scrolls and framed art. Mailing is from the continental United States so domestic orders will arrive within a few days of ordering.
For Graphics: Each design may also be ordered for use as a graphic image in JPG format in the resolutions 72 dpi, 300 dpi and 600 dpi. The lower resolutions are suitable for websites and crafts. The higher resolutions are suitable for print such as marketing material, advertisements and book illustrations. See the Licensing Agreement for usage information.For Tattoos: With our Tattoo Design (Adobe PDF ) option, we provide you with everything you need for the perfect Japanese tattoo including the line art (also called a stencil) that your tattoo artist must have to correctly ink the design. So all you need to do is print the design and take it to your favorite tattoo artist. And your tattoo artist does not even need to know Japanese! You get your design immediately when you place your order. There is no waiting! Getting the perfect Japanese tattoo really is just this easy.
- 5.3" W x 1.4" H, Block (kaisho), HorizontalUS$15.95
- 3.5" W x 1.2" H, Cursive (sousho), HorizontalUS$13.95
- 3.8" W x 1.4" H, Cursive (sousho), HorizontalUS$13.95
- 5.3" W x 1.5" H, Design, HorizontalUS$15.95
- 5.5" W x 1.4" H, Design, HorizontalUS$15.95
- 4.1" W x 1.1" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), HorizontalUS$14.95
- 4.8" W x 1.2" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), HorizontalUS$14.95
- 1.2" W x 4.8" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.7" W x 6.3" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$16.95
- 1.3" W x 4.4" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 0.8" W x 4.7" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.0" W x 4.9" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.0" W x 5.0" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$15.95
- 2.6" W x 4.2" H, Design, VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.2" W x 5.0" H, Design, VerticalUS$14.95
- 0.9" W x 3.8" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), VerticalUS$13.95
- 1.1" W x 4.6" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), VerticalUS$14.95