Death Before Dishonor (fumeiyo yori shi)
- 3.4" W x 0.7" H,US$13.95
- 1.0" W x 4.6" H,US$14.95
- 1.0" W x 5.4" H,US$15.95
- 1.1" W x 5.4" H,US$15.95
Scroll to see all 13 designs
Death Before Dishonor in Japanese is 不名誉より死 which is read fumeiyo yori shi.
The Japanese phrase fumeiyo yori shi is composed of the words 不名誉 fumeiyo meaning "dishonor", より yori meaning "more than; rather than" and 死 (read shi) meaning "death". Japanese has the verb at the end of the sentence (see the Wikipedia article Japanese Language for more information) which is why this appears to be backwards when translated word for word. With this in mind, a literal translation of the Japanese is "rather than dishonor, death".
Translations You Can Trust: We want you to be as happy with the Japanese translation as you are with Master Takase's beautiful art.
Click on any of the above links and you will be taken to an independent dictionary Jeffrey's Japanese English Dictionary where you can immediately verify the translation for yourself.
Japanese Calligraphy Designs
Hand-Brushed Art: Our hand-brushed art is personally created and signed by Master Takase. All the unframed and framed options are on handmade Japanese paper that we import directly from the papermaker in Kochi, Japan. The hand-brushed art is created when your order is placed: These are not mass produced, but rather individual works of art. And, when the design allows, we also offer the art as a beautiful Japanese Scroll. See the individual design for all the available options.
All art is completed and mailed within 1-3 business days including our scrolls and framed art. Mailing is from the continental United States so domestic orders will arrive within a few days of ordering.Tattoo Design (Adobe PDF ) provides you with everything you need for the perfect Japanese tattoo including the line art (also called a stencil) that your tattoo artist must have to correctly ink the design.
Tattoo Designs Immediately Available
So all you need to do is print the design and take it to your favorite tattoo artist. Your tattoo artist does need to know Japanese! You get your design immediately when your order is placed. There is no waiting! Getting the perfect Japanese tattoo really is just this easy.
Commercial: Each design may be ordered as a graphic image in JPG format in the resolutions 72 dpi, 300 dpi and 600 dpi. The lower resolutions are suitable for websites and crafts. The higher resolutions are suitable for print such as marketing material, advertisements and book illustrations. See the Licensing Agreement for usage information.
- 3.2" W x 0.7" H, Block (kaisho), HorizontalUS$13.95
- 3.1" W x 0.8" H, Cursive (sousho), HorizontalUS$13.95
- 3.4" W x 0.7" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), HorizontalUS$13.95
- 0.8" W x 3.7" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$13.95
- 1.0" W x 4.6" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.1" W x 5.5" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$15.95
- 1.2" W x 5.3" H, Block (kaisho), VerticalUS$15.95
- 0.7" W x 3.6" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$13.95
- 0.8" W x 4.5" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.0" W x 5.4" H, Cursive (sousho), VerticalUS$15.95
- 0.8" W x 4.5" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), VerticalUS$14.95
- 1.1" W x 5.4" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), VerticalUS$15.95
- 1.1" W x 5.2" H, Semi-Cursive (gyousho), VerticalUS$15.95